|Document Type:||Microsoft Word|
|Build Time:||15 Min|
|Plus 1 this Document:|
Consultancy Agreements (sometimes people refer to these as Consulting Contracts of Consult Agreements) are used when one party (the Customer) hires another party (the Consultant) to perform specific tasks on their behalf or provide advice in exchange for a specific fee, most commonly this includes hiring sales people or external advisors.
It is important to remember that with a Consultancy Agreement a specific person is the one who will be doing the Consulting work. Where the Consultant is a company, this person is referred to as the 'Employee' in LawLive's Consultancy Agreement. If the entity providing the Consulting is a sole trader then there is no Employee on the agreement as there is only one party in the Consulting Entity.
The Consultancy Agreement includes clauses covering the scope of services, duration, fees and expenses, information and approval, standard of care, intellectual property, liability (with alternative clauses), and other relevant terms.
This Consultancy Agreement includes the following provisions:
2. Appointment By The Company Of Consultant
3. Consultant’s Fees
4. Covenants And Representations By The Consultant To The Company
5. Use of Company's Facilities
6. Guarantees And Indemnity By Consultant
7. Confidential Information
8. Intellectual Property, * Use Of Computer Source/Object Code
9. Covenant Not To Compete Or Solicit Customers
10. When The Company Can Terminate
11. When The Consultant Can Terminate, * Method Of Termination
12. Payments Upon Termination
13. Return Of Confidential Information Or Other Company Property
14. Survival Clauses
15. Relationship Between The Parties
16. Consultant’s And Employee’s Obligations Towards Each Other & The Company
18. Whole Agreement
19. Governing Law And Jurisdiction
* Optional clause to include in the contract.
Consultancy Agreements are commonly referred to as: consultancy contracts, letters consultancy, agreements consultancy, consultancy document, consultancy agreement, forms consultancy, form for consultancy.